Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Life Lesson 101



Here is the honest truth…

There may have been a moment, earlier last week, where there was some semblance between myself and Bridgette Jones where I blasted Sigur Rós, consumed endless amounts of chocolate and sat on my floor singing dreadfully and crying...all at the same time.





Why do you ask? Well in the space of four days I had caught my on again, off again, flame of a year cheating on me and I lost my job (yep #feelingsorryformyself). So let’s be real, I had a massive woe is me moment, which I will freely admit was not my proudest hour.

Why am I telling you this you may ask? Well I know if you looked at my life purely from an outside perspective it would seem blissfully happy and drama free. Don’t get me wrong, life is pretty tops, but I don’t want anyone comparing my highlight reel to their behind the scenes. It is not attainable and it isn’t the whole truth. Just because everything on the outside looks amazing doesn’t mean that we as individuals aren’t going through our own struggles.




We all need to stop comparing ourselves to other people and start enjoying the body and life we have been given. Like any normal person I have things I don’t like, people who haven’t treated me well and let’s be honest, a lot of shitty circumstances; but hey that’s life. Do I sometimes wish things were different? Yes. However, this is me, this is what I have been given so let’s work with it and make what we are the best possible version of ourselves.

My life is not perfect but it is not supposed to be. If you are going through a rough time embrace it and don’t give up. Don’t compare it to the girl next door who seems to have it all, because I can tell you right now she is going through things too.

And hey, I may not have a job but woo I have lots of free time. I may have been hurt by someone I cared about, but now, so many doors are open me now to meet new amazing people. Look on the bright side people, life really isn’t that bad.

xx







…well it may have been bad at this moment as I seem to be staring quite intently at the bottle of wine… 

2 comments:

  1. No man worth your time would do that therefore its not your loss its his.
    Many more of us out there who would treat you just right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Very wise words!! Looking forward to lesson 102.

    ReplyDelete