Monday, 9 March 2015

Don't Worry Be Happy






For the first time in a while I am feeling genuinely happy. I know this sounds very odd because shouldn’t we always have a loving, healthy relationship with ourselves; unfortunately this is very often not the case.



Recently a relationship of mine ended and I will admit that I felt lost. You ask yourself questions about ‘what could I have done better’, ‘what could I have changed’ or ‘what is wrong with me’? We as individuals are always so self-deprecating and often blame ourselves for things when in fact there are so many other factors involved.



So I packed my bags, grabbed my ukulele and decided to go on a road trip. It was a Thursday night, I was supposed to be working the next day but I was going to do this for me. I feel like I am constantly trying to make other people happy, so it was finally time to do something for myself.


Over the course of the next few days I surrounded myself with beautiful people, amazing scenery and a sense of peacefulness that I had lost a long time ago. When I finally ventured back home I felt loved, appreciated and whole. It would be great to continue feeling like this with my friend in my life, but the universe works in mysterious ways and right now I am just going with the flow of it all. Remember we are the masters of our own universe, so live the way you want, don’t let anyone bring you down and stay positive.
















Why not hey :D


No comments:

Post a Comment