Thursday, 12 March 2015

About A Girl: Simone Luker




What if I told you I know a woman that has the looks of a Victoria secret model, the intelligence of Einstein and the interests of a gamer/sci-fi nerd. In summary, she is pretty much any man and let’s face it, woman’s, ultimate fantasy. 
I recently caught up with the oh so beautiful and talented Simone Luker, to catch up on all things fashion, modelling and food. If you aren’t as obsessed with her as I am by the end of this post, we have some serious issues. Jokes… but not really.








How did you get started in modelling? 
I was scouted when I was 13, and being the tomboy I was, I really hated the idea so I let it slide. However, at age 14 I was scouted again by someone else (who also happened to have discovered Elle Macpherson) so I decided to give it a go. Needless to say, I am no Elle Macpherson, but I have my dreams :)


Where do you hope to take your career? 
Wherever it takes me! I've already ticked a few modelling dream boxes (such as modelling in NYC, fashion week, and getting magazine covers/national TVCs), but for now I am giving the pageant circuit a go whilst still getting familiar modelling work through my agency.









If people were to say you looked like someone who would your doppelgänger be? 
Anja Konstantanova. All. The. Time. Also Lara Stone a bit. These compliments will put anyone into my good books for life ;)


Also an active vegan, what are your go to recipes? 
A stir fry or warm salad is so damn easy, but if I play the “convince a carnivore that being vegan is fun too” game, I love cooking my super 'cheesy' and 'meaty' lasagne, burger and spaghetti bolognese recipes. No-one has ever disliked it, and it hits your taste-buds in all the right places!


What’s the best thing that has happened to you so far this year? 
OH gosh... I wouldn't say a 'thing' as such, but I'd say that I've had many learning experiences this year so far to help me be a lot stronger as a person, and to fight harder than ever before for what I'm passionate about in life. I'm optimistic that the best is still to come for me this year :)







What is your greatest goal in life? 
I want to help the socio-economically disadvantaged of the world through my sustainable architectural designs (I studied both to be an architect and environmental warrior). I want to make the world a better place, and what better place to start than with connecting people via infrastructural provisions?! A connected community is a united community; socially, economically and wholly. 


What are you listening to right now? 
A smooth jazz club mix, to match my lazy sunny afternoon :)






 If an actress/actor was to play me in a film it would be Rachel Roberts as she is an absolute inspiration to me (and total babe)!


My secret obsession is anything technological/science-y. I may or may not have a New Scientist subscription.


The best advice I have ever received was “kill people with kindness”

Pretty Little Eyes by the Presets is the soundtrack to my life. Just something about it gives me goosebumps. 

The last text message I received was from my friend Erin and it told me not to forget about rehearsals tonight for a modelling show on Friday!

If you lived with me I would turn you into a health freak because fresh fruits/veggies, legumes, and other healthies will always be found in my groceries... And who wouldn't want that?

I could never go without my eyebrow pencil as it transforms me from my albino self into someone less noticeable.

If I could do one thing right now it would involve having a dinner party and wild night out in NYC with Lara Stone, Scarlett Johannson, Natalie Portman and Karolina Kurkova.







 All images have been taken from Simone's social media profile Simone Luker [Model]. Simone is also signed to Ava Model Management.For any queries or work enquiries please contact her agency. 

LOVE YA 
PS I totally feel you on the eyebrow pencil!!!!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment