Monday, 25 July 2016

Raw Snickers Bar




I love baking sugar laden cakes, scrumptious desserts and fat filled treats, yet I never eat them. You could call me some what of a 'feeder' as I love to cook and bake for other people but not myself. 

I decided to make this Donna Hay Raw Snickers Bar as a way to create a delicious treat that I would actually eat. This was the perfect treat to curb my mid afternoon cravings as well as sticking (roughly) to my healthy eating habits. This recipe is gluten free, lactose free and refined sugar free (depending on what chocolate you choose).

Although this recipe is 'healthier' than that of a cream filled sponge cake, be mindful that it would still be classified as a 'sometimes food' and wouldn't recommend eating the whole batch at once.  The good fats from the natural peanut butter, and high sugar levels from the dates and organic chocolate, making it quite calorie dense. Nonetheless, prepare yourself for mouth-wateringly, orgasmic goodness.

ENJOY
xx


INGREDIENTS 

400g Fresh Dates, Pitted
1/3 Cup Natural Smooth Peanut Butter 
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Puffed Brown Rice 
1/2 Cup Unsalted Roasted Peanuts, Roughly Chopped
80g Raw Organic 70% Dark Chocolate, Melted


METHOD

Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor. Process for 2-4 minutes or until the mixture comes together to form a paste
Place the date mixture, puffed rice and peanuts in a large bowl and mix to combine
Press the mixture into a lightly greased pan lined with non-stick baking paper
Melt the chocolate over hot water and be careful not to burn
Once melted, pour the melted chocolate over the date mixture. Spread evenly with a knife
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until set
Remove from the pan, slice into piece using a hot knife and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. 









Recipe not created by myself. Find original recipe here 


No comments:

Post a Comment