Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Avocado Smoothie



Morning brunch of avocado on toast, a delicious guacamole or just plain avocado with a hint of salad dressing - lets just say I LOVE avocado yet I have always been hesitant about hopping onto the avocado smoothie train. Im not sure what about the smoothie concept previously turned me off. I blitz up bananas, strawberries, mango and nearly any other fruit for a smoothie, but the concept of an avocado being put in the blender felt weird. 

After months of watching my male housemate drink avocado smoothies daily he finally convinced me to try some. I sipped with hesitation and swallowed with surprise. It was creamy, smooth and down right delectable! After a quick run down of his basic recipe I jumped into the kitchen to get smoothie making. 

I thought I would share my basic recipe with everyone but feel free to vary the ingredients depending on what you like in your smoothie. As a sweetener my go to is always honey but maple syrup, raw sugar and agave nectar are great alternatives. Replace soy milk with your choice of dairy or non-dairy options. For a bit of extra oomph add a banana, spinach and top with granola for a perfect, healthy breakfast. 

Ingredients:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 cup Chobani yoghurt 
- heaped teaspoon of honey 

Blitz all ingredients in a blender. For a runnier consistency add extra milk or if you would like it a bit thicker add more yoghurt and avocado. Enjoy
xxx






(Image one sourced from Eleanor Landford Photography, image 2 sourced from HollyWulf)


No comments:

Post a Comment