Friday, 22 May 2015

to the moon and back...


We often get caught up in our own problems; fixated on all the tiny things that are wrong in our lives.  Your relationship has ended, you don’t like the way you look, your job is boring and you have no motivation at the moment to do anything. These are things that we all think and experience but are they really that bad?

A few days ago I was having one of these days. I couldn’t do anything right in my opinion, I was secluding myself from those whom I love and I was putting my health at a lot of risk. I was so fixated on all these little things that I became bogged down in destructive thinking and self hate. I remember feeling a need to escape and get out of the house.

That night I sat on the beach and stared at the moon. I thought about all the minute things that impact my energy and their relevance in my life. Yes, most of the time these things seem like the most important thing in the world to me, but they aren’t really. I am fortunate enough to say that I live in a country where I feel safe, I have a family that loves me and the freedom to live a long happy life. Things I often forget to remind myself of. 

As I stared at the moon I felt so selfish for getting bogged down in vain and materialistic obsessions. I sat there in complete silence until I felt cleansed of all the negativity I myself had created. I think we all need to take the time to reflect on our lives. Reflect on what is really important, so here is to that beautiful moon.

XOXO  




No comments:

Post a Comment