Monday, 18 May 2015

BE PASSIONATE



When you were a child you did the things you loved, not the things that would progress you. If you enjoyed playing in the sand pit or making play dough well then that’s what you were going to do.

Fast forward through primary school, high school and college and all your motivation behind the things you do are based on things that are going to progress your life. In most cases this does not correlate with the simple things you love.






I love to cook, I love to write, I love to be outside and being active yet I do none of these things for a living. I was brought up to believe that I had to go to university, receive that oh so important piece of paper and then head off into the workforce. I wasn’t even aware or thinking along the lines of creating my own job; turning a love or passion into a career.





Now I am at a crossroads in my life. I just finished my contract with my current employment and I need to start looking for a new job but I don’t want to. Yes I need an income and I need to support myself (trust me I am all about independence) but I don’t want to go another year sitting behind a desk, putting effort into something I am not passionately in love with.

I realize that by making a love a career I could be sacrificing money and convenience but is that what I want my life to be about? Working in a job I dislike so that I can be rich or working somewhere purely for convenience purposes or because its ‘easy’?




Am I ready to say yes and turn my passion into a career? Do I even know what my passion is or do I just know what it isn’t?

You must be prepared to work hard every day and doing it for the love of it. Know that this is what you have CHOSEN to do. Every day is a better day because you aren’t working you are experiencing and living your passion.





Who knows, I may not be able to make the step right now but I am definitely considering it and that is really all I need to start moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed for all of us out there who are at a crossroads.

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment