Friday, 17 April 2015

Freaky Friday


Have you ever had one of those mornings where you wake up, have a stretch and catch your reflection in the mirror and nearly shriek from horror? Is Shrek in my bedroom? Or is someone just playing a cruel joke on me?




Every day this week I have woken up looking less than fresh, slightly dishevelled and let’s be honest not very attractive. I have read many articles on ‘how to look fresh in the morning’ and each article says to eat natural food, get your z’s, sleep on your back (who does this seriously), sleep on satin pillows for fresh skin so on and so forth. I will admit that the only above thing I do is eat naturally, so here is an honest post on how to really ‘look fresh in the morning’.

-   Number one fake it till you make it. There is a reason makeup was invented. It wasn’t because we are all naturally stunning (Miranda Kerr does not count right now), it was to enhance and play up our features. So on those days you look like Gollum’s twin brother, have a cold shower to wake yourself up, get rid of the puffiness under your eyes and start that makeup routine. Powder foundation will even out your skin tone, a dash of mascara to open up your eyes, pencil on your eyebrows to create a more defined shape, a smack of lippy or gloss and you are ready to go. 









-   Oh the hair. If you have hair like me you wake up every morning with hair that looks like you had an insane, passionate evening the night before. Aka an afro of knots just minus the sexy time. Here are my go to quick hairstyles. A high bun, just tie it all back and up, and no one will notice the knots or the fact you haven’t washed your hair in days. If it’s really messy go for that boho side plait look with loose tendrils. It will look like a deliberate mess. Easy peasy. 

-   Now that you appear to be in control (even though we both know you want to go back to bed) it is time for that morning pick me up. No I don’t mean all those herbs your naturopath prescribed you, I mean our good old friend, coffee. Now do not get me wrong, I am all for vitamins, herbs and natural remedies for a healthy body, but on the days where you have been smacked with the hideous hammer – coffee is your soulmate.  







Last but not least if it truly is that bad, life is too short to care. So screw standards and enjoy a day where you embrace feeling and looking like a minger. 




No comments:

Post a Comment