Thursday, 9 April 2015

Bohemian Daydream



I have spent the last week living alone by the beach with a fat cat and an annoyingly energetic kitten. Two weeks ago I could not wait to be living here. I had envisioned jogs by the ocean, a fitness regime to match an olympian and a diet of a health freak. In my mind I was ready to start anew both mind and body, yet as my week started I just felt lost.

I have spent my week doing the complete opposite of everything I set out to do. I may be near the beach but instead of jogging alongside it, I am drinking like a pirate and consuming my body weight in milo. I am sleeping in till 11:30am (so not like me) and just being a down right slob. 

Do you want to know something though? Who the f cares! 

Nope the bod is not looking great, the exercise regime has gone down the drain but hey take me as I am. Maybe we all need time to just do absolutely nothing. We don't have to be perfect all the time. I do not have the perfect body I have stretch marks, cellulite and the palest skin IN THE WORLD. My face is super long (enter horse jokes) and I am a super sensitive soul (I spend many hours saving worms, don't ask). However if that was all I focused on I would be one sad sack. 

What I am saying is there are times we feel down and slightly lost; we don't like who we are or what we look like and that is ok. Ask the most confident person you know and I am sure they will admit to having insecurities. The most important thing to remember is its normal. Yep right now I feel a bit shitty, but hey tomorrow is a new day, a new outlook and another time to keep working on myself. We are all on our own journeys, embrace the good and the bad. Grow from it and do not feel bad for feeling down every now and again. 

XX










No comments:

Post a Comment