Tuesday, 4 September 2012

WANDERLUST


I had an urge today to just go ‘into the wild’. By going ‘into the wild’ I mean copying Christopher McCandless, abandoning all possessions, giving my life savings (which isn’t much) to charity and travelling the world.

After 15 years of consecutive study I think my daydreams are hinting at the need to take a holiday; meaning travelling the world and not returning home for many, many months.

I have always wanted to travel, yet have never found the right timing, person or funds to cooperate with my travelling dreams. I have always been so cautious of saving money for future investments or going to uni and studying, rather than taking a year off to travel and experience the world. As I was telling a friend of mine this, she said ‘one day you are going to be married, with a mortgage, chasing after children. Why save all your money now when you don’t have to? You have permanent school holidays, go and do something. Soon any money you make will go towards bills or savings accounts and any holiday will be leave from a permanent job. Live life to the fullest and stop being a nanna’.

Oh snap! So today I have started a mid year resolution… Travel, travel, travel. Spend my money; go to all the places I have only dreamed of venturing to and living life with a little less care. 

XOXOXO

PS a little quote for us all to think about :P 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain































2 comments:

  1. What does Marlow Lou means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me they were just two names that I loved, one of them being my own :D So I just joined them. But I have seen it elsewhere so to be honest I have no idea. Sorry xx

      Delete