Thursday, 9 August 2012

HAPPY, HEALTHY and HOT!!!!


With only a couple of months left till summer it is time to stop eating the comfort food that has supported me whole heartedly through winter and start being a wee little more conscious of what I am putting into my body. Don’t get me wrong I have enjoyed these last few months of loose winter clothes hiding what I like to call my ‘love pudge’  but it is now time to get serious.

As I was scouring the internet for photographic inspiration I came across a website dedicated to fitness modelling. Yes, fitness modelling may tilt towards the extreme end of clean eating and exercise; however the method behind their madness resinated with me. One of the fitness models, Brisbane based model Ashleigh Reid, discussed her beliefs behind living a healthy lifestyle.

“I don’t diet I eat clean. I don’t have to do exercise, I choose to... I’m a big believer in loving yourself and the life you life! Ask yourself if you don’t love it, why are you doing it” said Reid.

This got me thinking about the new tag line ‘strong is the new skinny’ which I’ve been seeing everywhere. Instead of aiming for a stick thin physique, because let’s face it that is quite unrealistic for the average woman, I am now aiming for a strong, toned, lean body. I no longer want to be that person who talks about having a Victoria Secret body whilst licking a spoon of Nutella (YUM); I am now dedicated on HAVING a Victoria Secret body. Ok,ok slight over achievement I will admit, so I shall start with baby steps and aim for being HAPPY, HEALTHY and HOT!  

In order to achieve my goal I should probably hide any delicious temptations, Nutella jar I am looking at you, and start motivating myself to stick to this goal. In order to motivate myself I do what any normal girl does, stalk photos of insanely gorgeous women with amazing bodies. Not creepy in the slightest! Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe that being super thin is something to inspire to, I believe that a healthy body and a healthy mind are more important than being stick thin. It doesn't matter if you are a size 6 or 12, if you are healthy and happy with whom you are that is all that matters. 

So here are some photos that inspire me, and I hope will inspire you. 
Enjoy
 XOXOXOXO

















































No comments:

Post a Comment