Wednesday, 22 February 2012

curvy and fabulous

Picking up the March 2012 edition of Madison Magazine I was struck by the beautiful woman staring back at me. Cue photo of Robyn Lawley, Australia’s leading plus size model; stunningly beautiful, statuesque and best of all curvy.

Inside the magazine Lawley discusses her responsibility as a role model for young women and as an ambassador for healthy body image. One of my favourite quotes from the article is from Lawley’s facebook page in which she wrote:

“Embrace your body for what it is, exercise and as healthy as you can and have fun. There is so much more to life then fitting into size 6 jeans. I’m glad I realised [this] sooner than later”.
Compare that to a statement made by Kate Moss who famously said “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”... hmm I wonder who has a better outlook on life? Personally I would rather live my life to the fullest, eat what I want, do what I want, love who I want and experience every joy life has to offer. If that means I’m going to be a size 10 to a size 20, I say bring it on.













No comments:

Post a Comment