Monday, 9 January 2012

What is considered beautiful?

Is it that jaw droppingly, gorgeous woman you just walked past on the street? Is it the sound of children laughing, a flower in bloom, your friend, your sister, your mother? What is beautiful?

 I ponder this question nearly every day as I look in the mirror, cataloguing my weaknesses, mistakes and flaws. Am I beautiful? Are you beautiful? Who has the right to define my beauty or yours? From an early age I have heard people say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, as each days passes, and I question this statement more and more, I wonder how many of us actually believe it.  


So as I stand there looking at my flaws and imperfections, I remember the wise words of Sophia Loren who once said “beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical”.
So I turn away from the mirror, tell myself I am beautiful and walk away; because in the end that’s all that matters...


No comments:

Post a Comment